Nexton[Charleston, South Carolina,USA] View more
- 2020 Nexton won the 2020 Gold Nugget Grand Award for Best Community Land Plan at the Pacific Coast Builders Conference Gold Nugget Awards, one of the largest home building industry conferences on the US west coast.
- 2020 Winner of the Best Master Planned Community award at the Home Builders Association of South Carolina's Pinnacle Awards.
- 2021 Gold Awards winner for Best Master-Planned Community in the U.S. and Best Brochure (Master-Planned Community) at the 2021 NAHB Nationals Awards
Nexton lies in the Charleston metropolitan statistical area (MSA), which has seen rapid growth in population and employment rates since 2010. This project is located some 18 miles west of the Charleston urban area encompassing the Port of Charleston, one of the US's busiest ports in terms of cargo volume. The 5,000-acre development site will include 2,000 acres of parks and other open spaces, over 7,000 residential units, and over 180 acres of commercial and office space. The community has an elementary school that promotes digital learning, offering super-fast internet connectivity and a tablet computer for every pupil. Also featuring an area aimed at active seniors aged 55 and over, the community is designed to meet the needs of residents spanning a wide generational range.
- Property information
- Total development area : Over 7 square miles
- Total number of units : 7,233 (projected)
- Facilities : Commercial spaces, offices, medical campus, park
- North America Sekisui House, LLC -